Scouting Cell & Gene Therapy Technologies for CKD
Sep 20, 2023
5 min readAdd to Favourite
Client Success Details
Our research methodology involved a blend of secondary research, patent literature exploration, and primary executive discussions. This multifaceted approach enabled the Client to identify the scientific evidence for the safety and efficacy of cell therapies, discover the entities actively working in this domain, comprehend the procedure and mechanism of action of identified cell and gene therapies for CKD, and determine the maturity level of these therapies. The study addressed several crucial business questions, including:
|Recent advancements in Cell & Gene Therapies offer promise for chronic conditions like CKD, but identifying the right players and technologies in a rapidly evolving sector is a challenge.|| |
- What scientific evidence, either preclinical or clinical data, is available publicly to vouch for the efficacy of cell and gene therapy in kidney repair?
- What are the cell and gene therapies for CKD treatment during the pre-dialysis stage in humans?
- How are the cell and gene therapies for CKD administered?
- Which other therapeutic areas are targeted by the identified cell and gene therapies for CKD?
- Who are the significant players actively researching novel cell and gene therapies for CKD?
- What recent collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, etc., are associated with these key players?
- How are academia and startups in this domain funded?
- What does the IP portfolio of these entities look like for such therapies?
- Who are the new entrants and how is the landscape expected to evolve in the next few years in the segment?
Our research process was comprehensive and comprised:
- Secondary Research: Delving into technology-specific portals, blogs, journals, magazines, company & product databases, expert opinion sites, and conference/seminar details.
- Patent Literature Research: In-depth exploration of databases such as QuestelOrbit, USPTO, Espacenet, etc.
- Scientific Literature Review: Analyzing scientific journals and papers from sources like Web of Science, PubMed, and Science Direct.
- Primary Research: Engaging in discussions with potential partners (12 entities) to understand their willingness for collaboration.
As a result of our research, the Client gained valuable insights into the current landscape and future potential of cell & gene therapies in the CKD segment. These insights empowered their R&D and strategic teams, allowing them to make well-informed decisions in their pursuit of innovative CKD treatments.