ELECTRONICS & SEMICONDUCTOR
Research & Advisory
New technological advancements in the Electronics and Semiconductors sector – from digitalisation, AI/ML and IIOT to smart systems – are resulting in a sea change across many industries.
Businesses across the industrial, automotive, power and consumer fields are reshaping their revenue streams. They’re creating new product and business opportunities, utilising the next level of user experiences, with the aim of driving exponential growth in next 5-10 years. All of which makes it imperative to have deeper and clearer visibility on these technological advancements and their evolving markets. Impacts include:
- Industrial:Manufacturing innovations such as predictive maintenance, artificial intelligence and advanced security that would pace up intelligent manufacturing solutions to Industry 4.0
- Mobility: Having established the BEV as the alternative powertrain of choice for OEMs, the EV ecosystem now faces a number of challenging years ahead: high compute performance with low power SOC/GPU for ADAS/AD systems, standardisation in E/E architectures, in-vehicle data networks to sensor fusion with functional safety aspects
- Power: The emergence of highly energy-efficient and compact power technologies for EVs to increase range with efficient battery management systems and thermal performance
- Consumer Appliances: New business models in Lighting, with IOT to smart home appliances elevating consumer perceptions to even higher levels
- Semiconductor:Though nodes are shrinking, no one is focusing on scaling while they attempt to keep up with the explosion in data and increase of traffic between machines. Many players are changing direction, setting new architectural paradigms – from how data is read and written in memories, to how it is processed and managed across multiple use cases
We empower decision makers with actionable solutions for the toughest problems. Our core mission is to build factual, validated insights – through our unique research methodologies – from client inputs, primary research and industry expertise.
Industry 4.0, Industrial Internet, IIOT
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), also known as Industry 4.0 or Industrial Internet, is a smart network of machines, advanced analytics and people that enables the monitoring, collection, exchange, analysing, and delivering of valuable data to help drive smarter and faster business decisions. This paper examines the growing applicability of IIoT in the Oil and Gas industry, and also lays out the cost-benefits of moving from a conventional method to a more enabled data driven platform.Read more
Personalized drug delivery, improve patient care
3D printing has the potential to revolutionize product development, and manufacturing in healthcare domain. It is on the verge of fulfilling the promise of personalized/ customized device or drug, a concept that is extensively being explored within the industry. The innovations in this technology are set to improve patient care and the treatment of illnesses. This paper discusses the various ways in which drug discovery can be benefitted by 3D printing technology. We also discuss the potential innovation in supply chain systems in the life sciences industry.Read more