CCUS: Opportunities & Challenges
Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS) is vital for the world to achieve the ambition of net-zero emissions by 2050. It can contribute to the transition of the global energy system to net-zero emissions by addressing emissions from existing energy assets, facilitating low-carbon hydrogen production, solutions for sectors with hard-to-abate emissions, and removing carbon from the atmosphere.
Fossil fuels are likely to continue to play an important role in the short and medium term. Therefore, carbon neutrality will require rapid deployment of CCUS technologies to bridge the gap until advanced, next-generation carbon technologies are commercialized.
FutureBridge will explore and showcase the potential opportunities and challenges faced in the CCUS domain and help businesses to assess why there is a growing interest in CCUS in this webinar. It will cover:
- CCUS around the world – Global CCUS installed projects, Region-wise installed capacity, and upcoming key CCUS projects
- Value chain & Technologies – Value chain – Sources, Capture, transport, utilization and Storage and Technologies – Capture, Transport, and Storage & Utilization
- Industry Challenges – Commercial, Technological, and Infrastructure
- Policies and regulations – Global and regional policies
- Business models – Strategies adopted by key players and carbon pricing across key geographies